POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : They stole the tresaure from the tower : Re: They stole the tresaure from the tower Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They stole the tresaure from the tower
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Jun 2006 03:45:00
Message: <web.448e6c6842753440d311dd050@news.povray.org>
"Mr Seb" <ban### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Done...
> I'm still learning to use POV-RAY, so there are many things to improve...

Don't worry, you're doing quite well!  There are lots of interesting parts
to your image...a good exercise in different POV techniques.

I kind of assume you were trying to get a yellow-to-tan color for the
stonework, rather than slightly greenish? Yellow seems to be a problematic
color in CGI; I've seen lots of *professional* work, especially on TV, that
shows the same problem.  I usually use rgb <1,.75,*whatever*> as a starting
point, rather than rgb <1,1,0>--which SHOULD be pure yellow but just
doesn't look like it ( well, not the way I think it should look, anyway.)

Ken W.